Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDRIES have a long history of collaboration dating back to 180-nm. Building on silicon-proven products including the Lynx Design System
, Galaxy Implementation Platform
and DesignWare IP
(Figure 1), Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDRIES are enabling our mutual customers to mitigate their project risks and streamline their implementation process to realize the highest quality first-time-right silicon success.
Synopsys' DesignWare® IP Supporting GLOBALFOUNDRIES Processes
The long-standing relationship between the two companies has resulted in the successful development of DesignWare interface PHY, analog, logic libraries and embedded memory IP from 180-nm to 28-nm process technologies. Most recently this includes USB, PCI Express, DDR, MIPI, HDMI, SATA and XAUI PHY IP targeting GLOBALFOUNDRIES' 28-nm HKMG leading-edge process technologies with scalability to future generations.
Figure 1: Synopsys' Optimized Design Environment
Synopsys' Silicon-Proven Optimized Design Environment for GLOBALFOUNDRIES 28-nm Process
Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDRIES teamed up to deliver an optimized, pre-validated design environment for GLOBALFOUNDRIES 28-nm SLP high-k metal gate (HKMG) technology based on Synopsys' Lynx Design System. By leveraging the collaborative strengths of Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDIRES, we are delivering a production-ready design solution based on the Galaxy Implementation Platform that enables our mutual customers to adopt the latest leading-edge technologies for their most advanced chips. Synopsys' support for the GLOBALFOUNDRIES HKMG 28-nm technology includes:
- An optimized Lynx Design System
- A design flow configured for the pre-validated ARM 28-nm SLP logic and embedded memory IP, that expedites design setup and start
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES specific design methodology, guidelines and checks for the 28-nm SLP node that speed design closure and tape-out
- A performance and power-optimized implementation flow for the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor that targets GHz+ results using ARM physical IP
- An environment for complete SoC integration of processors, peripherals and interface IP
28-nm and Below Leading-Edge Processes Driving New Technological Innovation
The emergence of critical new manufacturability issues at 28-nm and below leading-edge technologies continues to reinforce the need for earlier and even tighter ongoing collaboration between Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Key areas of collaboration include: