25th Anniversary Timeline
Celebrating 25 Years of Innovation
2006-2011 Your Partner for Success
|By 2011, with over 6,800 employees, more than 70 offices, and revenue of more than $1.5 billion, Synopsys had established itself as a strategic partner for its global customer base.The company greatly expanded its product portfolio both organically and through strategic acquisitions, such as Synplicity, Virage Logic and Optical Research Associates, to provide its customers with complete design solutions ranging from system-level to system-on-chip (SoC) to silicon.|
|A key element of Synopsys' success is our strong set of core values: Integrity, Execution Excellence and Leadership. We adhere to these principles because they are right, and because they achieve results. Our first commitment is to our customers. |
Products, Solutions & TechnologyMergers & Acquisitions
During its 25 years of innovation, Synopsys established itself as a recognized world leader in EDA, supplying the global electronics market with the software, IP and services used in the semiconductor design, verification and manufacturing of the chips that are at the heart of electronics. Today, the company’s comprehensive, integrated product portfolio includes system-level, IP, implementation, verification, manufacturing, optical and FPGA solutions that help address key challenges such as power and yield management, system-to-silicon verification and time-to-results. Major product families include: Galaxy™ Design Platform, Discovery™ Verification Platform, and FPGA-Based Prototyping hardware-based verification, design-for-manufacturing, TCAD, DesignWare® Intellectual Property (IP), FPGA implementation solutions and System-Level Design solutions. Also, with CODE V® for imaging applications and LightTools® for illumination applications, Synopsys expanded its offering to include products for the design and analysis of high-performance, cost-effective optical systems.
- MOSAID Chip IP
- MIPS Analog Business Group
- Gemini Design Technology
- Virage Logic
- CoWare, Inc.
- VaST Systems
- ZeroSoft, Inc.
- Optical Research Associates
Customers & Partners
Over the last 25 years, Synopsys has established strategic partner relationships with the majority of the electronics industry’s most respected companies. Today, 49 of the top 50 semiconductor companies are Synopsys customers.
Synopsys also continued to forge new partnerships and strengthen its long-established strategic alliances with the leading foundry, FPGA and IP suppliers. These partnerships are dedicated to jointly solving the system complexity and advanced technology challenges our mutual customers face. Today, key alliance partners include:
- Foundry Partners
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSMC).
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES, IBM Corp. and Samsung (The Common Platform).
- FPGA Partners
- Achronix, Altera, Lattice, Microsemi (formerly Actel), Silicon Blue and Xilinx.
- IP Partner
Synopsys at DAC 2011 in San Deigo.
Community Relations & University Programs
- Standards & Interoperability
- Unified Power Format, based on Synopsys contribution, was approved as IEEE Std. 1801-2007.
- Synopsys sponsored the Liberty TAB (LTAB) move to IEEE-ISTO.
- Synopsys played a key role in the Accellera and The SPIRIT Consortium merger.
- Synopsys launched the System Level Catalyst (SLCAT) program.
- Synopsys received the IEEE Corporate award for contribution to standards development.
- Synopsys launched the Milkyway Open Proprietary standard and made it available through the MAP-in program.
- Synopsys led the Accellera and OSCI merger to form the Accellera Systems Initiative.
- Synopsys employee, Karen Bartleson, became the 2012 President-Elect of the IEEE Standards Association and authored "#Standards Tweet" following her first book, “The Ten Commandments for Effective Standards”, published in 2010.
- Synopsys launched the global Season of Sharing community involvement program.
- Synopsys established the Curricula Advisory Board and Armenian Microelectronics Olympiad.
- Synopsys engaged in the use of social media by establishing its first blog, Magic Blue Smoke.
- Synopsys established a presence on YouTube.
- Synopsys developed the Synopsys Universe2You science program for Parikrma schools in Bangalore, India.
- Synopsys made the 90nm Generic Library available for teaching.
- Synopsys established the Republic of Armenia (RA) Global IT Award.
- Synopsys started Conversation Central .
- Synopsys established a presence on Twitter.
- Synopsys made the 90nm Interoperable PDK available for teaching.
- Synopsys established a presence on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Since its inception in 1999, 1 million students and teachers have received support from the Synopsys Outreach Foundation.
- Synopsys received the 1st ISQED Educational Leadership award.
- Through the Synopsys’ University Program, the company’s software is used at more than 1,375 educational institutions in more than 60 countries.
- SNUG® was first established in 1990 and today it represents a global design community focused on innovation. Highlights of the 2011 program included:
- 13 conferences held throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
- Over 9,000 users attended.
- More than 250 customer papers presented by recognized innovators including AMD, Broadcom, CISCO, IBM, Intel, LSI, Marvell, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, and Wipro.
- Designer Community Expos established and held in major locations.
- More information about SNUG: