1996-2000 Expanding to Offer a Complete Design Solution
1996 - Aart de Geus stands in front of a Synopsys billboard in Taiwan.
|Synopsys made significant additions to its ever-growing lineup of products and solutions as it began to establish itself as a complete design solutions company. Annual revenues jumped to $784 million, the employee base grew to 2,900, key acquisitions included EPIC and ViewLogic, and further international expansion resulted in offices being established in Canada and Israel.|
Synopsoids gather outside the construction of the new Synopsys
Products, Solutions & TechnologyMergers & Acquisitions
Synopsys continued to expand its product offering. Key products included PrimeTime®, Formality®, PathMill®, TimeMill, VCS® 5.0, DC Ultra™, TetraMAX®, Design Vision™, DFT Compiler, ProVerilog, ProVHDL, USB Device Marcocell and AMBA Bus IP.
- Advanced Test Technologies
- Systems Science
- Everest Design
- Leda SA
- The Silicon Group
Customers & Partners
Synopsys continued to expand its customer relationships with the addition of Agere Systems, AMCC, Conexant, Huawei, Infineon, Juniper Networks, Micronas, PLX, SigmaTel, Silicon Labs and Sunplus.
- Standards & Interoperability
- Synopsys added support for key standards PDEF and DCL.
- Synopsys contributed to open source standards for: .lib (Liberty), SDC, SystemC, and OpenVera.
- Synopsys helped launch the Open SystemC Initiative (OSCI).
- Synopsys established EDA Spine99.
- Synopsys introduced the EDA Interoperability Forum.
- Synopsys helped drive the formation of Accellera.
- Synopsys launched the in-Sync Program.
- Community Relations & University Programs
- Synopsys Outreach Foundation was established with an initial grant of $3 million.
- Sciencepalooza! was created.
- Synopsys Outreach Foundation supported the Santa Clara County regional science fair and renamed it "Synopsys Championship".
The SNUG® program continued to expand with conferences held in Singapore, Boston, Israel and India.